Story by Kering’ Chebet
A systematic boycott of 411 NEWS SMS alert by Deputy President William Ruto and his Tangatanga brigade is the new political assault to tame what they call “Propaganda news” against the hustler movement.
The brigade is now calling for a boycott of some news alert services terming them as propaganda tools against the ‘hustler’ nation.
The DP Via Twitter on Saturday evening led his troops to boycott the services.
He posted a screenshot that proves that he had already unsubscribed from the news alerts services whicj sought to undermine his Hustler agenda.
“Dear Subscriber, you have successfully unsubscribed from 21411_News_Breaking_News/5sms. Tuonane kule mbele. KaziNiKazi,” the tweet read.
The trend was followed by similar tweets from Elgeyo Marakwet senator Kipchumba Murkomen , Nakuru Senator Susan Kihika,Belgut MP Nelson Koech and KAPSERET MP Oscar Sudi.
Through his Twitter handle, Murkomen said there was no difference between SMS news alert 411 and Joseph Goebbels’ notepad.
“It is the state’s most vicious propaganda tool against hustler’s and their quest for inclusion. UNSUBSCRIBE is the only option left,” he said.
On Friday, Uhuru had launched what seemed like a direct attack on his deputy challenging the DP to quit due to double speak about the jubilee Government.
Uhuru said there’s no logic in Ruto taking credit for development projects his government has done since 2013 when they took over and at the same time campaign against some.
Dr. Ruto on Saturday said he will not quit despite President Uhuru Kenyatta asking him to quit if he felt the government was not doing enough to deliver services.
He said he will stop at nothing to support the President to propagate Jubilee administration’s development programmes.
Speaking in Isiolo county, Ruto said he will respect the President despite his duties assigned to Junior Government officials.
The DP in a narrative speech denied claims of undermining the President, saying Uhuru is the final decision maker in the Jubilee Government.
“You all know I am a very respectful person. The President and I campaigned as a team and we formed the Jubilee government. I respect the President and he is the one who makes the final decision in this government,” Ruto said.
“I have never contradicted the President because of respect I have for him. Even though the work I was supposed to be doing as the Deputy President is being done by others, I have respected the President on that decision because I want the unity of the country.”
Under the new constitution, the president has no power to fire his deputy. The only way for his DP to leave is through impeachment or Ruto’s voluntary resignation.
As Kenyans grapple with high living costs, stagnant wages in the private sector, and the… Read More
The Emirates Stadium was a cauldron of red and white noise on a rain-soaked Tuesday… Read More
President William Ruto’s state visit to Tanzania on May 4, 2026, blended significant economic progress… Read More
In the high-stakes arena of Kenyan politics, old alliances are rapidly breaking down as President… Read More
As Kenya hurtles toward the 2027 General Election, Bungoma County is bracing for one of… Read More
In a maneuver as astutely orchestrated as it was unmistakably conspicuous, President William Ruto summoned… Read More